Friday, April 10, 2009

Todd's Turn

Todd had a few things that he really wanted to do on vacation. So... one was to walk down the beach until we hit the Mexican border. I now know why there are so many illegals in the country. Check out the pictures. We also saw very few border patrol trucks, etc. while there. In fact, there was only one other person on the beach while we were there, and he was probably just a curious tourist like ourselves. They were in the process of building a new chain link fence, but I'm curious how deep it will go. I do want to warn you that this was a long, boring walk. First, there was a horse trail that was about 1,000 yards- Todd said that wasn't far, but hello, it's 10 football fields, in the dirt, with manure piles. FUN! And when we hit the beach, the border fence was so far away that you could barely see it.



The funny thing was when I got about 100 feet away from the border, my cell phone got a text that said, "Welcome to Mexico, to call the U.S.... etc." Huh, is the border in the wrong place? Funnier thing is, I had no bars until that point. Soooo, does Mexico have better coverage than us? Ha!

Next, he wanted to go to Kansas City Barbeque. I was a little skeptical, but Todd loves the movie Top Gun, and as one picture states, the Sleazy Bar scene was filmed here.

Todd loved the hot links and the boys and I had BBQ chicken sandwiches. We even tried sweet potato pie. I had to fight the boys off in order to get a few bites.



Here is the actual piano where they filmed the scene.




No comments: